Intercultural Training Germany / Intercultural Coaching Germany
Both Germany and the Scandinavian countries are as international leaders comparable on the entrepreneurial level as well as the economic level and are extremely successful. Their paths to success do however differ somewhat.
When differences are not recognized in German-Scandinavian relationships they can easily lead to misunderstandings or even blocking from both sides resulting in breakdowns in communication.
Being aware of different situations and a targeted approach to handling them with the different cultures provides a key to new potential and approaches to problem solving, supporting domestic as well as international competitive ability in your company.
Intercultural competence when working together with Germany is your key to success.
Aims of Intercultural Training Germany
Aims of Intercultural Coaching Germany
Learn about German culture, how to recognize and understand what is below the surface. At the same time reflecting on your own thinking and action patterns, observing yourself and gaining from new perspectives.
- Seamless cooperation in Scandinavian-German teams
- Smooth intercultural communication with Germany
- Seamless, successful intercultural project management
- The right decisions for the German market
- Successful negotiations with Germans
- Successful communication with German staff, customers and suppliers
- New approaches to problem solving
- New thinking and solution strategies
- Early recognition of conflict and finding solutions
- Avoiding or reducing culture shock
- Avoiding bad investments
Target group for Intercultural Training Germany
Intercultural training Germany with SveTys – Uta Schulz is advisable for Scandinavians experts and managers who work together with the Germans, for expats as preparation for a stay in Germany and to penetrate the German market.
An intercultural training course can ideally be held for up to twelve staff.
Target group for Intercultural Coaching Germany
Intercultural one-to-one Coaching Germany is like Intercultural Training Germany aimed at Scandinavian experts or managers, especially though, managing directors and board members who (will) work together with Germans, or who want to penetrate the German market and staff members who go to Germany as expats and need individual preparation for international assignments.
Intercultural Coaching Germany is also principally targeted at individual employees who want to prepare individually and intensively for cooperation with Germany, or who would like support as they work together.
Content for Intercultural Training Germany
Content for Intercultural Coaching Germany
Intercultural Workshop Germany or Intercultural Coaching Germany create awareness for the participants of their own cultural patterns and what effects they have on their own thoughts and action patterns as well as their company culture.
For comparison we will work from a holistic point of view on the cultural background finding out what makes the Germans tick, their world and their concept of mankind, their thought and action patterns.
The content will be determined after a needs analysis or personal interviews with the participants or client.
Intercultural Training Germany or Intercultural Coaching Germany can include the following topics:
- The country and its people
- History, economy, society and politics
You will be sensitized to:
- German culture as well as the German way of thinking and behaviour patterns
- Your own cultural footprint, your thought and action patterns
- Dynamics and processes that can be created when working on intercultural communication and cooperation.
You experience what effect cultural patterns have on:
- Perception, thought, emotions and behaviour
- Value judgment
- (Intercultural) communication (meetings, presentations, feedback, appraisal interviews etc.)
- Leadership and hierarchy
- Project management
- Conflict management
- Expectations from companies
In behavioural training and communication training you learn:
- Appropriate behaviour for and with German-Swedish, German-Danish, and German-Norwegian teams (leadership, communication, behaviour etc.)
- To recognize and avoid possible conflict
- To handle various problem-solving approaches
- Business etiquette
- Small talk and taboos
- Do’s and don’ts, avoiding the classic mistakes
Methods for Intercultural Training Germany
Methods for Intercultural Coaching Germany
Intercultural training or coaching for Germany is created to meet either your, or the customers’, targets. Taking a holistic view you will interactively experience, using diverse methods the various points of view, thought and behaviour patterns leading you to surprising new insights.
There are many interactive methods including:
- Individual and small-group work
- Exercises for self-reflection
- Experience transfer and exchange
- Short input session
- Group discussion
- Best practice and case studies
- Role plays
- Simulations and
- Analyzing video sequences
When should Intercultural Training Germany be Recommended?
When should Intercultural Coaching Germany be Recommended?
Intercultural Training Germany or Intercultural Coaching Germany are always a good idea if you want to work long-term and successfully with Germans & Germany.
- You want to penetrate the German market
- You buy a German company or work in close cooperation with one
- You have a joint project with the Germans
- A Swedish, Danish or Norwegian company merges with a German one
- Change processes with German staff or Swedish-German, or Danish-German, or Norwegian-German staff are undertaken and should be sustainable
- You are sent on international assignment to Germany
- You work in or with Swedish-German, or Danish-German or Norwegian-German teams
- You have the feeling that communication is not seamless and conflict begins to emerge
- For partners/spouses and families accompanying those on international assignment in Germany
- Management staff, who want to optimally utilize the potential of international and Swedish-German, or Danish-German, or Norwegian-German teams.
Uta Schulz – SveTys Intercultural Management