Intercultural Training Norway / Intercultural Coaching Norway
Both Norway and Germany are as international leaders comparable on the entrepreneurial level as well as the economic level and are very successful. Their paths to success do however differ somewhat.
When differences are not recognized in Norwegian-German relationships they can easily lead to misunderstandings or even blocking from both sides resulting in breakdowns in communication.
Being aware of different situations and a targeted approach to handling them with the different cultures provides a key to new potential and approaches to problem solving, supporting domestic as well as international competitive ability in your company.
Intercultural competence when working together with Norway is your key to success.
Aims of Intercultural Training Norway
Aims of Intercultural Coaching Norway
Learn about Norwegian culture, how to recognize and understand what is below the surface. At the same time reflecting on your own thinking and action patterns, observing yourself and gaining from new perspectives.
- Seamless cooperation in German-Norwegian or Scandinavian-Norwegian teams
- Smooth intercultural communication with Norway
- Seamless, successful intercultural project management
- The right decisions for the Norwegian market
- Successful negotiations with Norwegians
- Successful communication with Norwegian staff, customers and suppliers
- New approaches to problem solving
- New thinking and solution strategies
- Early recognition of conflict and finding solutions
- Avoiding or reducing culture shock
- Avoiding bad investments
Target group for Intercultural Training Norway
Intercultural training Norway with SveTys – Uta Schulz is advisable for Germans, and also for Danish and Swedish experts and managers who work together with the Norwegians, for expats as preparation for a stay in Norway and to penetrate the Norwegian market.
An intercultural training course can ideally be held for up to twelve staff.
Target group for Intercultural Coaching Norway
Intercultural one-to-one Coaching Norway is like Intercultural Training Norway aimed at Germans but it can also be useful for Danish and Swedish, experts or managers, especially though, managing directors and board members who (will) work together with Norwegians, or who want to penetrate the Norwegian market and staff members who go to Norway as expats and need individual preparation for international assignments.
Intercultural Coaching Norway is also principally targeted at individual employees who want to prepare individually and intensively for cooperation with Norway, or who would like support as they work together.
Content for Intercultural Training Norway
Content for Intercultural Coaching Norway
Intercultural Workshop Norway or Intercultural Coaching Norway create awareness for the participants of their own cultural patterns and what effects they have on their own thoughts and action patterns as well as their company culture.
For comparison we will work from a holistic point of view on the cultural background finding out what makes the Norwegians tick, their world and their concept of mankind, their thought and action patterns.
The content will be determined after a needs analysis or personal interviews with the participants or client.
Intercultural Training Norway or Intercultural Coaching Norway can include the following topics:
- The country and its people
- History, economy, society and politics
You will be sensitized to:
- Norwegian culture as well as the Norwegian way of thinking and behaviour patterns
- Your own cultural footprint, your thought and action patterns
- Dynamics and processes that can be created when working on intercultural communication and cooperation.
You experience what effect cultural patterns have on:
- Perception, thought, emotions and behaviour
- Value judgment
- (Intercultural) communication (meetings, presentations, feedback, appraisal interviews etc.)
- Leadership and hierarchy
- Project management
- Conflict management
- Expectations from companies
In behavioural training and communication training you learn:
- Appropriate behaviour for and with Norwegian-German, Norwegian-Danish and Norwegian-Swedish teams (leadership, communication, behaviour etc.)
- To recognize and avoid possible conflict
- To handle various problem-solving approaches
- Business etiquette
- Small talk and taboos
- Do’s and don’ts, avoiding the classic mistakes
Methods for Intercultural Training Norway
Methods for Intercultural Coaching Norway
Intercultural training or coaching for Norway is created to meet either your, or the customers’, targets. Taking a holistic view you will interactively experience, using diverse methods the various points of view, thought and behaviour patterns leading you to surprising new insights.
There are many interactive methods including:
- Individual and small-group work
- Exercises for self-reflection
- Experience transfer and exchange
- Short input session
- Group discussion
- Best practice and case studies
- Role plays
- Simulations and
- Analyzing video sequences
When should Intercultural Training Norway be Recommended?
When should Intercultural Coaching Norway be Recommended?
Intercultural Training Norway or Intercultural Coaching Norway are always a good idea if you want to work long-term and successfully with Norwegians & Norway.
- You want to penetrate the Norwegian market
- You buy a Norwegian company or work in close cooperation with one
- You have a joint project with the Norwegian
- A Swedish, German or Danish company merges with a Norwegian one
- Change processes with Norwegian staff, or German-Norwegian, or Danish-Norwegian or Swedish-Norwegian staff are undertaken and should be sustainable
- You are sent on international assignment to Norway
- You work in or with German-Norwegian, or Danish-Norwegian, or Swedish-Norwegian teams
- You have the feeling that communication is not seamless and conflict begins to emerge
- For partners/spouses and families accompanying those on international assignment in Norway
- Management staff, who want to optimally utilize the potential of international and German-Norwegian, or Danish-Norwegian; or Swedish-Norwegian teams.
Uta Schulz – SveTys Intercultural Management