Intercultural Training Sweden / Intercultural Coaching Sweden
Both Sweden and Germany are as international leaders comparable on the entrepreneurial level as well as the economic level and are extremely successful. Their paths to success do however differ somewhat.
When differences are not recognized in Swedish-Scandinavian-German relationships they can easily lead to misunderstandings or even blocking from both sides resulting in breakdowns in communication.
Being aware of different situations and a targeted approach to handling them with the different cultures provides a key to new potential and approaches to problem solving, supporting domestic as well as international competitive ability in your company.
Intercultural competence when working together with Sweden is your key to success.
Aims of Intercultural Training Sweden
Aims of Intercultural Coaching Sweden
Learn about Swedish culture, how to recognize and understand what is below the surface. At the same time reflecting on your own thinking and action patterns, observing yourself and gaining from new perspectives.
- Seamless cooperation in German-Swedish teams
- Smooth intercultural communication with Sweden
- Seamless, successful intercultural project management
- The right decisions for the Swedish market
- Successful negotiations with Swedes
- Successful communication with Swedish staff, customers and suppliers
- New approaches to problem solving
- New thinking and solution strategies
- Early recognition of conflict and finding solutions
- Avoiding or reducing culture shock
- Avoiding bad investments
Target group for Intercultural Training Sweden
Intercultural training Sweden with SveTys – Uta Schulz is advisable for Germans, and also for Danish and Norwegian experts and managers who work together with the Swedes, for expats as preparation for a stay in Sweden and to penetrate the Swedish market.
An intercultural training course can ideally be held for up to twelve staff.
Target group for Intercultural Coaching Sweden
Intercultural one-to-one Coaching Sweden is like Intercultural Training Sweden aimed at Germans but it can also be useful for Danish and Norwegian, experts or managers, especially though, managing directors and board members who (will) work together with Swedes, or who want to penetrate the Swedish market and staff members who go to Sweden as expats and need individual preparation for international assignments.
Intercultural Coaching Sweden is also principally targeted at individual employees who want to prepare individually and intensively for cooperation with Sweden, or who would like support as they work together.
Content for Intercultural Training Sweden
Content for Intercultural Coaching Sweden
Intercultural Workshop Sweden or Intercultural Coaching Sweden create awareness for the participants of their own cultural patterns and what effects they have on their own thoughts and action patterns as well as their company culture.
For comparison we will work from a holistic point of view on the cultural background finding out what makes the Swedes tick, their world and their concept of mankind, their thought and action patterns.
The content will be determined after a needs analysis or personal interviews with the participants or client.
Intercultural Training Sweden or Intercultural Coaching Sweden can include the following topics:
- The country and its people
- History, economy, society and politics
You will be sensitized to:
- Swedish culture as well as the Swedish way of thinking and behaviour patterns
- Your own cultural footprint, your thought and action patterns
- Dynamics and processes that can be created when working on intercultural communication and cooperation.
You experience what effect cultural patterns have on:
- Perception, thought, emotions and behaviour
- Value judgment
- (Intercultural) communication (meetings, presentations, feedback, appraisal interviews etc.)
- Leadership and hierarchy
- Project management
- Conflict management
- Expectations from companies
In behavioural training and communication training you learn:
- Appropriate behaviour for and with Swedish-Danish, Swedish-German, and Swedish-Norwegian teams (leadership, communication, behaviour etc.)
- To recognize and avoid possible conflict
- To handle various problem-solving approaches
- Business etiquette
- Small talk and taboos
- Do’s and don’ts, avoiding the classic mistakes
Methods for Intercultural Training Sweden
Methods for Intercultural Coaching Sweden
Intercultural training or coaching for Sweden is created to meet either your, or the customers’, targets. Taking a holistic view you will interactively experience, using diverse methods the various points of view, thought and behaviour patterns leading you to surprising new insights.
There are many interactive methods including:
- Individual and small-group work
- Exercises for self-reflection
- Experience transfer and exchange
- Short input session
- Group discussion
- Best practice and case studies
- Role plays
- Simulations and
- Analyzing video sequences
And can include “Swedish for beginners” for German participants to learn the most important basic language to build a verbal bridge to Swedish business partners.
When should Intercultural Training Sweden be Recommended?
When should Intercultural Coaching Sweden be Recommended?
Intercultural Training Sweden or Intercultural Coaching Sweden are always a good idea if you want to work long-term and successfully with Swedes & Sweden.
- You want to penetrate the Swedish market
- You buy a Swedish company or work in close cooperation with one
- You have a joint project with the Swedish
- A Danish, German or Norwegian company merges with a Swedish one
- Change processes with Swedish staff or Danish-Swedish, or German-Swedish or Norwegian-Swedish staff are undertaken and should be sustainable
- You are sent on international assignment to Sweden
- You work in or with Danish-Swedish, or German-Swedish or Norwegian-Swedish teams
- You have the feeling that communication is not seamless and conflict begins to emerge
- For partners/spouses and families accompanying those on international assignment in Sweden
- Management staff who want to optimally utilize the potential of international and Danish-Swedish, or German-Swedish or Norwegian-Swedish teams.
Uta Schulz – SveTys Intercultural Management